The 70's are back ...!
Fashion trends come back around and this season is no exception. So ditch the skinny jeans and pull out the palazzo pants!
A day out with my sister to the quaint, historic town of Rye in East Sussex, I embraced the "hippie" style!
Once the haunt of smugglers, Rye regularly attracts tourist and film crews. Ancient buildings, cobbled streets and secret passages we enjoyed a stroll around the shops, and afternoon tea!
The palazzo trousers, suede tassled bag and print headband contributed to today's 70's inspired outfit. A purchase from Corsica, the printed wide-legged trousers felt like I had my PJ's on!! Super comfy, soft silk, flowy ... these are packed for my next Holly Day ...
* Check out my Instagram to see where I am off to next week!! *
Palazzo Pants: Love IT, (Boutique in Corsica)
Today I returned to Bonifacio in Corsica, 4 years since I worked a summer season on the island!! A beautiful, medieval fortress town which once housed Napoleon in 1793 which is brilliant for strolling around the alleys, boutique shopping and French cuisine.
My jumpsuit....definitely one of my best buys! I absolutely love this from O'Neill and when going on holiday this is always packed in my suitcase.....1 outfit complete!
This all-in-one is easy, effortless and ideal for a day or an evening out. Soft, loose cotton material; it is not too tight or baggy, yet comfortable to move around and sit down in.
My top tips:
* Right Fit - Not too tight so you cannot move around and sit down. But not too baggy....this should look feminine.
* Day/Night - Roll-up the hem lines and whip out the flats/flip flops for the day. Maximise your height with some pointy heels, you cannot distinguish your upper half to the lower half (if you are petite!)
* Minimal Accessories - Less is more, a jumpsuit speaks for itself so keep the accessories to a minimum. One chunky necklace, or a pair of long earrings will usually suffice.
* Colours/Prints - Plain black is a safe but classy/flattering colour for all body shapes, perfect for dinner or drinks. For those of you feeling more adventurous, a floral or bright bold jumpsuit can make you stand out in the crowd.
Add a layer if the weather changes; a crochet tassled black jumper was handy on this occasion........
My Travels: May - October 2010
Here are some of my favourite shots, and outfits of my sister and I whilst working a summer season in Corsica for Mark Warner Holidays...........
A summer season I will never forget!! Visited the most amazing beaches and towns, achieved the best tan and met some friends for life xxx